Interested in learning a Microsoft technology at your own pace, online & completely FREE?
We offer hundreds of courses online at edX. Here’s the intro taken from our section:
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives. This computing power will digitize nearly everything around us, and will derive insights from all of the data being generated by interactions among people and between people and machines. We are moving from a world where computing power was scarce to a place where it now is almost limitless, and where the true scarce commodity is increasingly human attention.
In this new connected world, we believe technology creates opportunity, and our edX courses are designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
Our edX courses, taught by Microsoft experts, let you learn through hands-on experience with broad reach, cutting-edge technologies in areas including cloud services, mobile development, and data sciences. Whether you’re a student or a seasoned technologist, we can empower you to build innovative applications, services, and experiences on the Microsoft platform that will help you make a meaningful impact in today’s interconnected world.
Welcome to the world of Microsoft technology – choose a path and make your mark.
For example, if you’re interested in Azure Machine Learning & the R programming language in particular, you can take these free online courses at edX:
- Introduction to R for Data Science: https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-r-data-science-microsoft-dat204x-1
- Programming with R for Data Science: https://www.edx.org/course/programming-r-data-science-microsoft-dat209x-1
- Data Science Essentials: https://www.edx.org/course/data-science-essentials-microsoft-dat203-1x-0#!
- Applied Machine Learning: https://www.edx.org/course/applied-machine-learning-microsoft-dat203-3x#!
- Principles of Machine Learning: https://www.edx.org/course/principles-machine-learning-microsoft-dat203-2x-0#!
To see what more we offer, check out the Microsoft section of edX now!
- TRAINING: Free edX Training Courses from Microsoft