This is a very important document for anyone involved with Windows 10 – even if you’re not affiliated with licensing or procurement for your organization.
It goes over:
- Editions of Windows
- Windows 10 “Enterprise-only” specific features
- Windows as a Service (How to license CBB, LTSB, etc.)
- Windows-to-Go licensing
- Desktop Optimization Pack rights
- Downgrade rights
- Volume Activation
Here’s the intro:
Windows 10 offers the experiences that people love while delivering enterprise-grade solutions that businesses require.
Microsoft Volume Licensing solutions provide the most flexible and cost-effective way to give your organization access to the latest Windows desktop technologies. Whether you want to upgrade your PCs to Windows 10, gain access to exclusive offerings such as Windows 10 Enterprise edition and the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, or use Windows with greater flexibility, there is a Volume Licensing option that is right for your organization.
This document provides an overview of the products available through Volume Licensing, information about the products that are eligible for upgrades, and the key choices you have for utilizing Windows in your organization.
Content included is for informational purposes only and is not meant to replace or override other licensing documentation such as the Windows 10 End User License Agreement or Volume Licensing Product Terms.
- SITE: Windows 10 Licensing
- WHITEPAPER: Volume Licensing guide for Windows 10 (PDF, 20pgs, 725kb)
- WHITEPAPER: Licensing Windows desktop operating system for use with virtual machines (PDF, 6 pgs, 147kb)