- Windows Intune Offer for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) Customers Using Asset Inventory Service
<taken from the Microsoft Product List October 2012>
Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance
Customers who wish to acquire the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance (MDOP) must first have acquired and assigned to their desktop Windows Software Assurance, or a license for either Windows Virtual Desktop Access or Windows® Intune.
Volume License customers with active licenses for MDOP will receive the following software (as it is made available).
- Microsoft Application Virtualization for Windows Desktops (App-V)
- Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
- Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DART)
- Microsoft System Center Desktop Error Monitoring (DEM)
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V)
- Microsoft BitLocker® Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
Windows® Intune Offer for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) Customers Using Asset Inventory Service
The Asset Inventory Service (AIS) offered as part of MDOP will be discontinued on April 3, 2013. As of that date, customers will no longer have access to the service. MDOP customers with active AIS accounts activated in the Volume Licensing Service Center on or before April 30, 2012 will have the option to transition to and use the Windows® Intune online service provided Windows® Intune is commercially available in the customer’s country. A list of countries where Windows® Intune is commercially available can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windowsintune/faq/default.aspx.
- This offer can be accepted any time between April 3, 2012 and the expiration of customers’ current MDOP subscription.
- To accept the offer, customers must (1) create a Windows® Intune trial account by going to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windowsintune/try-and-buy.aspx , and then (2) submit the offer acceptance form at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=242876 .
- Access to and use of Windows® Intune under this offer will expire upon expiration of the customer’s MDOP subscription.
- The terms and conditions of customers’ agreements, the Universal License Terms of the Product Use Rights, and the General License Terms of the Online Services section of the Product Use Rights govern use of the service.
- The number of devices from which a customer is eligible to access Windows® Intune under this offer equals the customer’s AIS subscription seat total at the time that customer accepts this Windows® Intune offer. AIS seats added to an active account at any time up until the time the customer accepts the Windows® Intune offer will be included in the count.
- MDOP seats acquired after a customer accepts this Windows® Intune offer, including licenses acquired through the true-up process under their volume license agreement will not be eligible to access Windows® Intune under this offer. If a customer wishes to access Windows® Intune from a number of devices in access of the number permitted under this offer, they will need to separately acquire additional licenses.
- Rights to access Windows® Intune under this offer do not include any right to use Windows desktop operating system.