Y’know those groups of apps in the START screen? Did you know you can NAME them? Apparently a lot of folks don’t. Take a look at the screen shot below. There are 2 things I’ve highlighted:
- I’ve circled the names I’ve given to the program groups you can see on the screen.
- I’ve pointed at the bottom right hand corner to a special “minus” button. When you either click that “minus” button, “pinch-to-zoom” your screen, or “pinch-to-zoom” your touchpad, the START screen will zoom out giving you an overhead view of all your programs.
From this overhead or “zoomed-out” view of the START screen, you can do two important things:
- Select a program group by:
- Right mouse clicking a group or…
- Touch & swipe down on a give group
- Reveal the App Bar by:
- Right mouse clicking the screen or…
- Edge swiping up on a touch screen
This will reveal, in particular, the “Name Group” button, highlighted below. When you click on it, it will allow you to name the program group you selected earlier.
Type the name of the program group and you’re done!
Once you’ve named the group, one other thing you can do is drag & drop the program group to move it around in the START screen, so that you can order them in the way that’s most convenient to you.
You can see below, I’m dragging and dropping a program group called “Modern Apps” around the screen.