Microsoft is releasing important driver/firmware updates for Surface Pro 3 today (Sept 9th) that may address some of the issues users have experienced. These updates will be available via Windows Update ~10am, PST and for download shortly thereafter. The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/9/2014” within the Windows Update History:
Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v 184.108.40.206) improves system experience and enhances overall system stability, including Wi-Fi.
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v 220.127.116.11) enhanced support for system performance and user experience, including adjustments to the thermal tuning.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v 3.9.350.0) increases the overall system reliability and compatibility with a Surface cover.
- Surface Integration driver update (v 2.0.1102.0) enhances user experience, including Wi-Fi stability.
- Surface Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver update (v 15.68.3055.107) improves Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth reliability and system stability, and significantly enhances the user experience.
Users can update immediately by going into PC Settings, Update and Recovery, select the box for “Check for updates from Microsoft Update”.