Today, Microsoft has launched Outlook for iOS and a preview of Outlook for Android.
Outlook is a free email app that helps you get more done from anywhere with one unified view of your email, calendar, contacts, and attachments. Outlook automatically surfaces your most important messages – across all your email accounts.
Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages you want to handle later. Easily view your calendar, share available times, and schedule meetings. And attach files from your email, OneDrive, or Dropbox with just a few taps.
Outlook works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.
Why use Outlook?
- Manage your inbox
- Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
- Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
- Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
- Your calendar built-in
- Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
- Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
- Attachments made easy
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
- Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
- Find anything fast
- Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
- Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
- Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
For Outlook for iOS users, we’re developing the apps from the Acompli code base. (The acquisition we made a few months ago) You will see us continue to rapidly update the Outlook app, delivering on the familiar Outlook experience our customers know and love. To hear more about this journey, check out the Office Blog from new Outlook GM and former CEO of Acompli, Javier Soltero.
For more information:
Please note that support is only available in-device. Premier-level support is not enabled for this launch.
Premier customers looking for a mail solution that is supported at the Premier level, should use OWA for iPhone/iPad/Android. OWA has some advanced O365 and Exchange Server features which are not yet available in Outlook.