For folks interested in cloud backup solutions for desktops & client systems, this announcement may be of interest.
We are excited to announce the support for backing up data to Azure from Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 machines, using Azure Backup. You can find more details on the supported client operating system versions, SKUs in KB3015072. By downloading this update, you automatically get all the capabilities released in the last few months, including:
- KB2989574: Support for data sources more than 850GB
- KB2997692: Long Term Retention and Simplified Signup & Registration
- KB2999951: Support for Windows Server 2008
- KB3015072: Support for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
This release opens up new scenarios for Azure Backup by enabling customers to back up their on-premises files and folders directly to Azure. Once the initial backup copy is completed, Azure Backup tracks the changes to the backed up files and efficiently transfers only the changed content over HTTPS.
Read the rest of the post here:
- AZURE BLOG: Azure Backup – Announcing Support for Windows Client Operating System