In this book, the authors explain how SQL Server 2014 incorporates in-memory technology to boost performance in online transactional processing (OLTP) and data-warehouse solutions. They also describe how it eases the transition from on-premises solutions to the cloud with added support for hybrid environments.
This book is organized by cloud type and begins with a short overview of the Cloud OS strategy from Microsoft and a high-level hybrid cloud architecture. It also covers the design and deployment of private cloud solutions using Windows and System Center to deliver the software-defined datacenter where storage, network, compute, and management are all virtualized and delivered by the Microsoft platform.
We just released a new paper developed by contributors across the company, including Azure, O365, GFS, CRM, WWPS, and others which discusses how Microsoft handles compliance for cloud services and provides customers compliance information they need in order to have confidence in Microsoft as their preferred cloud service provider (CSP).
The paper is 12 pages long, 506K.
More information can be found at the TwC Blog.
- WHITEPAPER: The Microsoft Approach to Compliance in the Cloud
Again, these a LIVE events, presented online via a trainer, consultant, or support engineer.
Here’s a few of the upcoming LIVE events:
- April 29th – Microsoft PDW: Modern Data Warehouse with Big Data Analytics
- April 30th – Microsoft Corporate BI and SAP BI Integration Jump Start
- May 7th – DevOps: An IT Pro Guide
- May 8th – Defense in Depth: Windows 8.1 Security
- May 21st – Moving to Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and experience the power of Windows with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. Features
- Rich multi-touch experience with remote desktop protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
- Secure connection to your data and applications with breakthrough Network Level Authentication (NLA) technology
- Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
- High quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage
- BETA: Remote Desktop for Windows Phone PREVIEW for Windows Phone 8.1
For those looking for an explanation of how Google actually rifles through your email to profile you to target ads over time, here’s some documentation created by Microsoft in the UK about how this is done, step by step:
- How Gmail Uses the Content of Your Email to Decide What Ads You See
Learn about Windows Phone for business, with the security & manageability you expect from Windows on a smartphone. Be one of the first to get Windows Phone 8.1! Join us for a free online event on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 to get a chance to WIN a Nokia Lumia preloaded with WP8.1 enterprise preview*.
- Register Now
The latest release of Windows Phone 8.1 delivers a set of new unique features designed with business customers in mind:
- Enterprise enrollment
- VPN (Standard-based IKEv2/IPSec VPN and SSL VPN)
- Enterprise WiFi (EAP-TLS and EAP-TTLS)
IT Control & Management:
- Enhanced MDM policies and support
- Certificate enrollment
- Device provisioning and app deployment / restriction
- Remote device wipe (full or partial)
- Enhanced monitoring and inventory capabilities
Spend an hour with us to learn how you could benefit and see live demos of the new features that make Windows Phone better for businesses.
*No purchase necessary. Open only to registered Event attendees. Sweepstakes ends at approximately 4.29.14, 12:00pm PST and winner must be present to win. For complete details see full Official Rules on registration link.
Windows Phone 8.1 Enterprise Webcast
April 29, 2014
11:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. PST
Business documents are not to be edited using an Office 365 Home Subscription. This also applies to an Office 365 Home subscription when used with Office for iPad. Office 365 Home is only to be used for consumer documentation & a business level subscription to Office 365 is required for working with business documentation.
Fortunately, you can switch from your current Office 365 subscription to another Office 365 subscription – likely one provided to you by your employer. Switching between subscriptions can take place:
- In the same service family: For example, from Office 365 Small Business to Office 365 Small Business Premium, or from Office 365 Enterprise E1 to Office 365 Enterprise E3.
- From a standalone plan: For example, from Exchange Online to Office 365 Enterprise E1.
- To a different service family: For example, from Office 365 Small Business to Office 365 Enterprise E3.
For more information about how to switch:
- OFFICE: Switch to a different Office 365 plan or subscription
Big announcement from the Office blog today:
This week, we introduced the web-based Print feature to OneNote Online. About 10% of all feature requests are for printing from OneNote, so we understand it’s important for customers to access content online and on paper. Now you can do it using the PRINT tab on the Ribbon.
Kraig began updating the first edition exactly a year ago, and when you examine the new ebook’s Table of Contents you’ll quickly see how much work he has done to share his deep understanding of Windows Store app building. Even in the simplest sense—new pages added to this edition: 478—Kraig’s effort and generosity are impressive. Thank you, Kraig, and enjoy, app builders!