This is an out-of-the-box web part for SharePoint Online that enables SharePoint authors to embed Power BI reports directly in SharePoint Online pages with no code required.
Taken from the announcement page:
The way the feature works is simple. Follow the process below to use this feature.
- Publish your Power BI report to your Power BI account
- Get the URL to the report
- Add the Power BI (preview) web part to your SharePoint Online page
- Paste the URL of the report when prompted
- To finish, save and publish your page!
What makes the web part special is that it does a number of things from a security & authentication standpoint:
- The user’s account must have access to both the SharePoint site and the Power BI site.
- The user’s security context is used to load the data from Power BI. Only data that the user has access to is displayed.
Note: The Power BI report web part requires all the viewers to have a Power BI Pro license.
For more on this feature, including the link to the TechCommunity, go to the blog announcement:
- POWER BI BLOG: Integrate Power BI reports in SharePoint Online
- DOCUMENTATION: Power BI Web Part for SharePoint Online
- DISCUSSION THREAD: Power BI Community