<taken from the announcement blog post>
Last May, we announced our vision, strategy, timeline and investment areas for SharePoint in Office 365 and on-premises. We unveiled our plan to bring cloud-born innovation to SharePoint Server 2016. Today, we’re excited to announce details for Feature Pack 1.
We’re pleased to announce that we’re ahead of schedule with our inaugural Feature Pack for SharePoint Server 2016. Feature Pack 1, available in November, brings several enhancements driven by recent innovation in Office 365 and feedback from you on UserVoice, including:
- Logging of administrative actions performed in Central Administration and with Windows PowerShell.
- Enhancements to MinRole to support small environments.
- A new OneDrive for Business user experience.
- Custom tiles in the SharePoint app launcher.
- Unified auditing across site collections on-premises and in Office 365.
- Unified taxonomy across on-premises and Office 365.
- OneDrive API 2.0.
We’re excited to share with you some of the details of Feature Pack 1 today.
Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016 is slated for November 2016.
Read more about the announcement here:
- OFFICE BLOG: Announcing Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016—cloud-born and future-proof