Azure Logic Apps is now generally available.
What is Azure Logic Apps?
Azure Logic Apps is a cloud service that provides customers with the ability to VISUALLY build workflows that match or meet the needs of their business processes. It has the unique ability to:
- Integrate with existing SaaS and enterprise applications using out-of-the-box connectors that reduce integration challenges
- Tap the information in from both on-premises and cloud applications, allowing customers to maintain their on-prem investments
- Automate EAI, B2B/EDI, and business processes by enabling exchanges with trading partners via Electronic Data Interchange standards including EDIFACT, X12, and AS2
- Leverage investments in BizTalk by enabling initiation of BizTalk processing from the cloud or leverage the new adapter to allow BizTalk to invoke Logic Apps
- Connect to other powerful cloud services through your workflows including Azure Machine Learning & Azure Cognitive Services
Taken from the announcement post:
Today we are announcing the general availability of Azure Logic Apps, Microsoft’s Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offering that enables rapid, enterprise-grade, hybrid application connectivity. At the Integrate 2016 conference in London, we shared our vision to build a comprehensive hybrid integration platform that allows customers to seamlessly connect traditional on-premises systems and cloud-native applications. Logic Apps forms an integral part of this strategy, and its general availability marks an important milestone for us in delivering against Microsoft’s Enterprise Application Integration vision.
Why is Logic Apps important? Businesses are going through digital transformation. Applications, data and devices are proliferating. Agile enterprise integration forms the backbone of this journey, making it possible for companies to connect systems and optimize processes as they evolve. At Microsoft, we want to enable our customers by providing the right tools to deliver services faster and stay ahead of competition. With the launch of Logic Apps, customers can seamlessly consume SaaS and enterprise applications, unlock value from their existing on-premises systems and enhance their integration solutions to make informed business decisions.
Visit the Azure Logic Apps announcement here:
Visit the Azure Logic Apps web page here: