Great news! Along with the announcement about Windows 8’s release to manufacturing, Windows Server 2012 was released to manufacturing and is being made available to OEM PC manufacturer’s per the Windows Server blog off of Technet.com.
- BLOG: Windows Server 2012 released to manufacturing!
Net-net: We’re done and it’s the most significant jump in technology Windows Server has ever had, above even the jump to Active Directory. The availability of the release software to http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter should follow the schedule similar to Windows 8… in other words within a week or so.
The overall goals for this release were to provide:
- A comprehensive cloud platform
- Cost savings & increased efficiencies
- Support for a modern work style
Advanced capabilities of the new product include:
- Virtualization including Network Virtualization, Shared-nothing Live Migration, Hyper-V Replicas, Virtual Fiber Channel,
- Web & Application Platform
- Management & Automation
- Identity & Access
More information is available here: