I forgot to write a post about this but I’m so proud of our team, I’m gonna do it way, way late. Pffffht.
Microsoft competed in the “After Hours Gaming League”, a Starcraft 2 competition for charity featuring competitors from some of the biggest names in the tech industry, including:
- Microsoft (representing Amnesty International)
- Google (representing Child’s Play)
- Yelp (representing Child’s Play)
- Amazon (representing Child’s Play)
- Twitter (representing Room to Read)
- Facebook (representing Big Brothers Big Sisters)
- Dropbox (representing Meals on Wheels)
- Zynga (representing Save the Children)
Yup. A perfect record – beating Google, Amazon, Facebook, and most importantly Zynga in the tournament finals.
In recognition of Microsoft’s win, $5000 was donated to their charity. Congratulations to Amnesty International & the Microsoft Starcraft 2 team on your FLAWLESS VICTORY.
- LINK: Long Zheng’s post on Microsoft’s Undefeated Win in the After Hours Gaming League on istartedsomething.com