If you are using Windows 8 or Windows RT, you no longer need to use the outdated Zune software to manage and sync your Windows Phone. There is a "Windows Phone" app on the Windows Store for both Windows 8 and Windows RT. It’s a Metro-Style app that replaces the need for the Zune PC software to tether your Windows Phone to the PC.
[NOTE: This is not for Windows Phone 7/7.5 based devices. The software is targeted at Windows Phone 8 devices.]
Your computer and your Windows Phone 8 work together seamlessly with the Windows Phone app so you always have your photos, videos, and music, and more where you want them.
- Get your music, photos, and videos from your computer to your phone (andvice versa).
- Quickly share things from your phone with Windows 8 apps (like Photos, or Search). You don’t even have to open the Windows Phone app to move things around.
- Automatically save photos and videos you take with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Get to WindowsPhone.com to download apps, learn more about your phone, or find it if it’s lost.
RELEASE: Windows Phone app for Windows 8/RT