This may seem like a peculiar question to some but allow me to explain. Despite the fact that Microsoft is not attending CES anymore, I decided that there are several reasons why it still makes sense for me to go:
- Windows 8 Hardware & Peripherals: This is a huge year for Microsoft and the hardware/peripherals ecosystem will be booming.
- Online Services Providers: The future of computing is online services that leverage devices as end points.
- Vacation/Las Vegas: Nothing says vacation like Vegas casinos, spas, restaurants, clubs, shows, bars, & sightseeing. Whee!
So here’s a few things that will hopefully help others in their trips to CES 2013.
The CES Expo/Exhibit floor is open during the following hours:
- Tuesday, January 8: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 9: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thursday, January 10: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday, January 11: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
To get around CES, you’ll want two maps which have been provided:
- SHUTTLE MAP
Figure out the shuttle system. It’ll save you a huge amount of money in taxi fares or LVCC parking fees. Download this map and print it for the show:
- SHOW MAP
Here’s a map of all the locations planned for the 2013 event.
- CES Tips for Conventioneers:
- CES Discounted Hotel Reservations:
- CES First Time Visitor FAQ
- CES General FAQ
- Mobile Site for CES