Whoa. Remember that guy that wrote that Power Users book on Windows 7? HE’S BAAAACK.
- MSPRESS: Troubleshoot and Optimize Windows® 8 Inside Out, 1st Edition
You’re beyond the basics, so dive right into optimizing Windows® 8—and really put your PC or tablet to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting techniques, and workarounds. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts keep their Windows 8 systems running smoothly—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Master essential Windows 8 maintenance and security features
- Implement best practices to help prevent and combat viruses, malware, and identity theft
- Apply quick fixes to the most common problems using expert tips and step-by-step repair guides
- Use advanced troubleshooting techniques by understanding how Windows 8 works
- Develop a recovery plan to restore your system and data in the event of a disaster
- Know when to use power utilities for advanced performance, maintenance, and diagnostics
The thing is 655 PAGES. What makes it interesting is check out these topics it goes over… sound interesting?
- What Is WinSxS and Do I Need It? – pg 284
- BitLocker and Dual-Boot Systems – pg 330
- Repairing Internet Explorer 10 – pg 359
- Recovering Encrypted Data – pg 461
- Restoring Windows from Another PC – pg 481
- Using Linux to Rescue Your Windows System – pg 491
- Using Third-Party Rescue Tools and Services – pg 505
- Working Safely with Windows 8 Encryption – pg 513
Here’s the sampler if you want to see the full table of contents. Cripes – this looks so good, I’m gonna go get it myself with my own cash!
- BOOK: Troubleshoot and Optimize Windows® 8 Inside Out, 1st Edition
- SAMPLER: Troubleshoot and Optimize Windows 8 Inside Out