A significant amount of today’s corporate data is stored in end-user computing (EUC) applications including spreadsheets and PC databases. These applications are used in many mission-critical business processes – financial reporting, closing the books, revenue recognition, journal entries, equity and commodity trading, insurance and actuarial processes, scientific analysis, and more. Despite their power, speed and flexibility, EUCs often lack the proper safeguards and controls needed to prevent gross accounting errors, avoid poor decisions, prevent fraud, and protect against non-compliance with corporate and regulatory mandates. Furthermore, organizations often fail to properly inventory and account for them in preparing for litigation and legal discovery.
Join Prodiance and Microsoft GRC expert Jeff Jinnett for this exciting online event to learn about the key issues surrounding spreadsheet and EUC risk, and how to leverage the latest technology and best practices to establish a sustainable eDiscovery Reference Model (EDRM) to efficiently mitigate spreadsheet and EUC risk, improve compliance, and drive business process efficiency.
The agenda will cover:
- The latest industry trends, business drivers and regulatory mandates affecting spreadsheet and EUC risk
- Best practices and auditor guidance for automating internal controls over mission critical EUCs
- The legal impacts of uncontrolled EUCs and requirements for establishing an effective EDRM model
- A live software demonstration of the Prodiance Enterprise Spreadsheet Manager system
- A review of the business case and ROI
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009
(8:30 am PST / 10:30 am CST / 11:30 am EST)
If you have any questions concerning this event, please call us at +1 (925) 416-9191 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.