Where: Microsoft Irvine
3 Park Plaza, Suite 1600
Irvine, CA 92614
Content: Microsoft Defense in Depth: Today and Tomorrow
Come see how Microsoft can help you secure and manage your complex infrastructures. We will discuss the latest security threats that you are facing along with compliance and regulatory challenges and how to deal with them. This session will go through the different layers of protection from the client operating system to the network edge. We will also review the roadmap for the future and how Microsoft is improving upon the security landscape.
- 8:30 – 8:45 am Coffee and pastry welcome
- 8:45-9:00am Kickoff, lead by Jim Roemer & Dan Takahashi
- 9:00 – 10:30am Microsoft Security strategy overview session, lead by Sean Lewis
- Threats, challenges, current landscape.
- MSIT security strategy
- Windows Vista/Server 2008 security
- Network Access Protection
- 10:30 – 10:45 Break
- 10:45 – 12:15 Forefront today and tomorrow, ‘Stirling’ overview, and roadmap session
- Forefront overview
- Integrated edge (IAG/ISA)
- Forefront Server Security
- Forefront Client Security
- Information Rights Management
- Identity and Access management
- Defense in Depth the complete picture
- 12:15 – 12:45 Q&A and Interactive Discussion over Lunch
About Sean Lewis:
Sean is presently serving as Security Advisor for Microsoft’s Southwest District. Sean has held a number of technical leadership positions in global organizations, including as Security Architect for Microsoft Consulting Services’ Security Center of Excellence and Lead Consultant for the Southwestern United States in Verisign’s Global Security Consulting practice. Sean has more than 6 years of experience in the Information Security industry geographically oriented in Southern California, previously holding positions such as Information Security Manager for a large healthcare provider (Sharp Healthcare) and Principal Network Architect for a large B2B/B2G clearinghouse.
If you are interested in attending and are a customer of mine, please contact me for registration details.