Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint Technologies (Reporting Services Add-in) allows you to take advantage of SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) report processing and management capabilities within Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. The download provides the following functionality:
- A Report Viewer Web Part that provides report viewing capability, export to other rendering formats, page navigation, search, print, and zoom.
- Web application pages so that you can create subscriptions and schedules, and manage reports, models, and data sources.
- Support for using standard Windows SharePoint Services features including document management, collaboration, security, and deployment with report server content types.
The Reporting Services Add-in works together with SP2, which is required on the report server. SP2 provides the following functionality for a report server that is configured for SharePoint integrated mode:
- Synchronization from SharePoint content database to the report server database.
- A custom security extension that uses SharePoint permissions to control access to report server operations.
- A new delivery extension that you can use in subscriptions to deliver reports to SharePoint libraries.
- A revised Reporting Services Configuration tool that you can use to configure a report server for SharePoint integrated operations.
- A new SOAP endpoint for managing report server content in SharePoint integrated mode.
For those of you looking for something for SQL Server 2008, there’s a Beta available for the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Addin for Sharepoint: